- Monday: 9mi / 57min in Burlingame w/Griffin. Nice run. Had to follow the Boston Marathon by reading updates on letshate.com. Talk about frustrating! I can't believe I couldn't get it online or on tv, it's the biggest race in the world!! Very annoying to read what all the morons had to say about Hall, Desiree, and others. "No guts, didn't want it enough, poor strategy, blah, blah, blah." Great job everyone!
- Tuesday: 5mi / 45min in Burlingame w/Pard and Griffin. Ran to the pond. Pard is in damn good shape for 68 years young. + 9mi / 62min in Rome Pt. trails w/Jonny. Good run. Saw some deer, dogs, and brant.
- Wednesday: 11mi* / 74min Track workout: 8x400m w/200rest(65,67,65,65,65,64,65,xx) w/Fyffe, Miller, Pipp, and McKnight (KSC college boys and girls there + James also) Good workout. Those Keene Staters really push the recovery. Who do they think they are, Bob Wiles? It was tough. Calves started cramping on the last 400 so I bailed at 300m.
- Thursday: 17mi* / 2:02 in Saxton's River Trails w/Ferenc and the girls. Great run. We ran up some very cool trails, it was extremely windy. My left achilles is very sore. I'll have to watch it.
- Friday: 0mi - Resting my achilles which is quite sore. Went for a hike with Jen and Griffin. Got engaged!!
- Saturday: 10mi* / 65min. Greenfield 5K - 16:25(5:18) 2nd. Tough race. 33 degrees, snowing and freezing rain, hills, and lot's of slick turns. Fyffe won 15:49. Good workout. Achilles felt better after racing.
- Sunday: omi -Easter Sunday down in Norfolk with Jen's family.
- Total: 61mi
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Posted by Greg at 7:23 AM
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Monday: 0mi - medicine ball workout
- Tuesday: 9mi / 61min Saxton's River trails w/Ferenc, the girls, and Whistle. Muddy nasty run. My legs still feel pretty terrible.
- Wednesday: 11mi* / 74min. Track workout. 200-200-800(200rest after 2's, 400rest after 8's) (33,33,2:23,33,33,2:18,33,33,2:17,33,33,2:12)w/Andy, Goupil, Clint, Fyffe, and Ferenc (Brad and James there too) Good workout. After two days off in a row and dead legs on Tuesday, this was a big confidence booster. I was starting to think I didn't know how to run.
- Thursday: 0mi
- Friday: 0mi
- Saturday: 14mi /1:31 in Pisgah w/Griffin. Nice morning run. Medicine ball workout. Had fun at Joel's wedding.
- Sunday: 0mi
- Total: 34mi - Great week of lethargy.
Posted by Greg at 9:33 AM
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- Monday: 0mi - have a stomach bug, not feeling good.
- Tuesday: 11mi / 73min in Pisgah w/Griffin. Nice easy run. Feeling better. Trails are in miserable shape. The snowy parts are all ice and the open parts have shoe-sucking mud. Saw two beavers out and about. Saw an adult bald eagle on my beaver pond. The geese, hooded and common mergansers huddled together when it was around. Lifted weights.
- Wednesday: 11mi* / 71min Baker St. workout-10x400m w/200rest(70,70,70,69,68,66,66,66,65,62) w/Andy and Miller (Goup, Boj, James there too) Great workout. Feeling good.
- Thursday: 8mi / 55min in Pisgah w/Griffin and Jimmy.
- Friday: 4mi / 34min w/track team + 11mi / 74min w/Ferenc and the girls in Pisgah
- Saturday: 7mi / 53min in Pisgah w/Jonny and Griffin (Glenn and Jimmy 2mi) + hours of paintball. Had a lot of fun.
- Sunday: 0mi - body sore from paintball. Felt lazy.
- Total: 52mi - Not a great week. If I ran long on Sunday it would have been. Oh well, paint ball was a blast.
Posted by Greg at 4:21 AM
Monday, April 4, 2011
Monday: 0mi - threw javelin with Glenn's kids.
Tuesday: 11mi / 74min in Pisgah w/Griffin. Nice run. Medicine ball workout.
Wednesday: 11mi* / 69min. Baker St. workout. 2x1mile + 800m (4:48,4:33,2:12) 400rest. w/Fyffe, Andy, Ferenc, Goupil, and Boj (James and Brad there also). Great workout. I felt really good. Fyffe measured the route 3 times because we all expected it was a wee bit short. Maybe Double J can come down and measure it just to be sure!
Thursday: 11mi / 74min in Pisgah w/Griffin.
Friday: 0mi - lifted weights and went for a hike. Saw a bald eagle and two red shouldered hawks eating a carcass on the ice of the beaver pond behind my house.
Saturday: 9mi* / 58min S.E.A. 5K-15:54(5:07) 1st. O.K. race. I was happy to get the win, but I have a little stomach bug and my legs were pretty flat from the hard workout on Wednesday. (5:00,5:09,5:13,32) were my laps. Medicine ball workout in afternoon.
Sunday: 20mi* / 2:19 on Keene Rds. w/Fyffe, George, James, and Goupil. Nice run, beautiful spring weather.
Total: 62mi - Pretty good week. I need to be a little bit more sensible in my workouts. Pleased with race and long run.
Posted by Greg at 3:54 AM