Friday, August 10, 2012

35

Well yesterday I turned 35. I remember when I turned 30, I told myself that I would back off with the running at 35. I'd stop racing so much, do less mileage, and not be so obsessed with pr's. I told myself I'd lift more, play more basketball, soccer, and volleyball. I'd maybe start doing karate, I always wanted a black belt.

Well, screw that! All that will have to wait another year (or 50!!). I'm having way too much fun. I have some lofty goals. I want to pr at 5k this Saturday. I want to break Ferenc's course record at the Pisgah 23k. I want to go sub 2:30 at the Demar Marathon. I'd also like to break the world record in the 4x800 indoors for 35-39 year olds. My running has been going great and I'm handling the higher mileage well. I'm looking forward to going for these goals and I'm having a blast getting out the door every day and running with my friends.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Greg. 35? You're catching up to me. Hope to see you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tremendous blog post. just tremendous. I'm w/ you Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Greg! Age 35 is a long ways in the rear view mirror for me, but I keep coming with new running goals and aspirations and don't envision slowing down anytime soon. Glad you're continuing blog updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's the search for the relay team going? I'm still psyched!

    ReplyDelete