Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week of March 3rd - 9th, 2014

Monday:
6mi/39min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Knee was stiff, picked it up last 1.5miles. 

Tuesday:
1mi + Circuits with Fit Club.  Lifted weights at 5am before school.  Knee stiff today.

Wednesday:
2mi/13min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Knee pretty stiff today.  Lifted weights. 

Thursday:
1mi + Circuits with Fit Club.  Had a long meeting in Keene after school.  I didn't feel like running when I got home.  Played some good floor hockey at school today.

Friday:
3mi/21min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Knee felt ok.  I didn't take Advil today which was a good sign. I lifted today.  I did some power cleans and bench and some other things and then I set the rim to 9ft and did some dunking to loosen up the legs. 

Saturday:
8mi/59min in Pisgah with Ferenc and the girls.  Nice and easy cruise in the nice weather.  Knee was a little stiff, not too bad.

Sunday:
0mi.  Lifted weights:  squats, dead lifts, lat pull downs, and military press.  Put the rim to 9ft again after to shake out the legs and did some good dunking.  It was much easier to dunk today then on Friday.  The lifting is making me more explosive.  I'll start to crank the height up to 9'2" or 9'4" next week.  I'm having fun. 
I went for a nice 3mi hike up Pinnacle Mtn in Westminster, VT with Jen, Ferenc, Emily and the girls.  It was great being out in the March sunshine.  Knee was pretty good, it's starting to get stronger.

Total for the week:  21mi.   I'm really enjoying lifting in a gym again.  Doing stuff at home with dumbells is just not the same as doing heavy (for me) Olympic lifts.  I want to start doing some swimming and playing some 5 on 5 basketball.  That stuff doesn't bother my knee much, it's the repetitive motion of running that bugs it.  This down time is pretty fun, I'd like to get to the point where I can consistently hang on a 10ft rim with two hands jumping off 2 feet, and who knows, maybe I'll throw one down eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment