Saturday, July 19, 2014

Week of July 14th to 20th, 2014

Monday:
12mi*/1:39 up Mt. Ascutney with Ferenc and Matt Haley.  Great run.  Legs feel good.  Weather was a tad bit humid but not bad for July.

Tuesday:
8mi/50min in Pisgah solo.  Cruising, feeling darn good.

Wednesday:
AM: 1mi with sprints and drills @YMCA indoor track.  Lifted weights and played 30min of hoops.
PM: 8mi*/54min - track workout at KMS with James.  I wanted to do something easy and short since it's been a loooong time since I've done a speed workout of any kind.  I settled on 6 x 400 with 200rest. 
Result:  (74, 74, 72, 72, 70, 69)
Decent workout, I felt relaxed but hot.  There's no shade on the track!

Thursday:
12mi/1:21 on the Keene tracks at night with Jen on her mtn. bike.  I am extremely sore from lifting, hoops, drills and the speed workout yesterday.  I bailed on a trip to the Whites with Ferenc. 

Friday:
12mi*/1:32 up Mt. Monadnock with Ferenc.  Gorgeous day to be on the mountain.  No humidity, 75F.  Legs and upper body still sore but had fun.  Cruised on the way down near the bottom on the less steep sections. 

Saturday:
5mi/34min in Friedsam with Griffin.  Legs sluggish today.

Sunday:
13mi/1:31 in the Gilsum Woods with George, Ferenc and Lena.  Good run.  I went fly fishing after the run in the Ashuelot in Surry.  Caught a nice 14" leaping rainbow, my first trout on a fly rod.  Fun stuff.

Total for the week:
71mi.   Decent week.

No comments:

Post a Comment