Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Week of June 1st to 7th, 2015

Monday:
0mi.  I had a retirement party after work.  It was nice seeing former coworkers that had retired in the past.

Tuesday:
8mi/49:59 in Pisgah solo.  Cool weather.  I felt great just rolling along at an honest clip.  I heard a black-billed cuckoo.

Wednesday:
8mi*/52min at the Brattleboro Fun Run.  I warmed up and then did the 2.4mi trail race.  13:49 (5:45) 1st place.  The trail race has been around for 4 years or so but I haven't done one of these things in about 5 years so it was new to me.   The course is really fun!  I'll be back to do more of these this summer and try to lower my time.  I wore my new Hoka Clifton's.  They are ok.  Light but they are a little big and the foam seems like it will break down really fast.  Jen ran the road 2mi.  Fun night.

Thursday:
2mi in Pisgah with Griffin.  Nice and easy in the morning before school.  Griffin's 12years old and not up for long runs with me.  It was nice to run with the old wolf.
I planned on running in the afternoon, but I had meetings that went very late and they zapped my motivation to get out the door.

Friday:
15mi/1:48 from Athens to Putney Culvert with Ferenc.  Good run.  My legs were tired from the dance show we had at school.  I did 10 dances with the kids at the performance.  Fun stuff!

Saturday:
4mi/35min in Pisgah with Griffin.  I was thinking of racing at the Westmoreland 4mi but I couldn't leave Griffin behind.  She was looking spry and wanted a run.  Jen is in Oregon visiting friends so I knew Griffin wouldn't get exercise if I didn't take her.  No regrets.  It was a beautiful day and I spent the afternoon in Stoddard hanging out with my family.

Sunday:
0mi.  I was planning on a 2hr long run but nobody could make it and George called and asked if I wanted to go mountain biking on his trails.  He took me on a 2hr gnarly ride.  Lots of climbing and some tricky technical sections.  Super fun!  I'm going to be sore.  No running but fitness was gained.  I played some intense wiffle in the afternoon with Boj, MC and Fyffe.  Good times, it feels like summer is here.

Total for the week:
37mi.  Not a lot of miles and no lifting but I was active at school all week with dancing getting ready for the dance show.  Mountain biking was a blast, I'd like to go twice a week once school is out.  Higher mileage next week and lift twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment