Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday: 0miTuesday: 11mi / 70min in Pisgah w/Griffin and (Jen 1mi). I was really stiff at the start of this run, but loosened up and ran pretty well. The weather was nice and cool. Lifted weights.Wednesday: 4mi / 28min in Pisgah w/Griffin. Had the sports awards could only get in a short one.Thursday: 13mi / 1:24 in Saxton's River w/Ferenc, Boj, Griffin, Lena, and Whistle. Nice run. I felt pretty good, the pace felt easy. It was hot out but there was plenty of water on the trails for the dogs. Ellie was off on her own adventure, she ran away and went roaming before I got there. Man, is it hilly out in Saxton's River! Friday: 0miSaturday: 13mi / 1:25 in Pisgah w/Ferenc, Fyffe, and the girls. Beautiful sunny day.Sunday: 19mi* / 2:04 - Mt. Greylock 13.5mi trail race- 1:42:12-1st. Good race. The weather was absolutely glorious. There was no humidity and temps around 70 degrees. I climbed pretty well with Rob Hult sticking closely to me. When we hit the summit, I took off on the technical descent and immediately put lot's of distance on him. I went unchallenged the rest of the way and was able to enjoy myself during the race. I certainly was not killing myself like in years past. I finished with a new p.r. for the course and realize I could have run the downhill much faster, but I did climb really well. Jen had a good race on the short course. It was a great day.Total: 60mi- O.k. week. I need to get my mileage up a bit, but happy with the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment