Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week of August 22nd-28th

Monday: 7mi / 49min in Pisgah w/Griffin. I wasn't very sore today. My left shin is a bit sore, I need to watch it. Did 50 pull-ups

Tuesday: 10mi / 75min on Westmoreland Tracks w/Ferenc and the girls. I was feeling a little sore today. Legs fatigued and shin still sore. It was fun hearing about Josh's trip to the Netherlands. 125 push-ups

Wednesday: 10mi / 67min in Pisgah w/Griffin and (Jen). Good run. Saw M.C. and Jimmy out there. Absolutely beautiful weather. Sunny 70 degrees.
pm: 12mi* / 1:19 track workout -
3x400,2x800,mile,2x800 (74,76,74,2:29,2:29,4:56,2:29,2:20)w/half rest (400 after mile)
w/Pipp and Andy (Fyffe, Boj, James, Brad, Clint, and Angella also there)

This was a great workout. My shin has been bugging me so I didn't do the full workout, Andy and Pipp ended with 3x400. I felt smooth and relaxed the whole time. The perfect running weather helped. It seems like it was the first time all summer it wasn't hot at the track.
Did 200 crunches and lifted weights

Thursday: 8mi / 56min in Pisgah w/Griffin and Jimmy. Nice and easy still some soreness, not too bad.
pm: 8mi / 56min - Hinsdale Fun Run. Nice and easy. Paced Dan Fyffe to a 6:06 mile.

Friday: 13mi / 1:26 in Pisgah w/Fyffe and Griffin. Legs a little tired. Hot weather.

Saturday: 22mi* / 2:23 - Ran in Pisgah w/Tanner, Fyffe and Griffin then immediately drove to the Swanzey and ran Elijah's 1/2 course. Did a 2mile pick-up in 10:40 at 16-18miles. Tough run, it was hot out there!

Sunday: 0mi - Irene was here and I didn't want to run. We dodged a bullet here with not much wind or rain. 6miles west of us in Brattleboro, VT, they weren't as lucky.

Total: 90miles - Good week. My left shin has been sore. I need to pay attention to that. 2 races next week with KSC Alumni and Wapack.

No comments:

Post a Comment