Monday, January 6, 2014

Week of January 6th-12th, 2014

Monday:
0mi.  I had a two hour delay at school today which would have been the perfect opportunity to run, but it was pouring rain so I opted to stay indoors and lift weights.  In the afternoon, the weather was better but I had some errands that needed to get done and I felt like a day off from running would be good for me. 

Tuesday:
2mi*/14min in Pisgah with Griffin + 6 x 8 second hill sprints.  The plan was to run longer, but the trails were absolutely treacherous.  They were rock hard and icy.  I decided to turn back and not risk cracking my head open on the ice.  It was also very cold and windy with the temp at 8 degrees.  I'm not sure what it was with the wind chill, but it felt damn cold.  The hill sprints went really well.  Tomorrow track workout.  I'm thinking a mix workout of some kind.

Wednesday:
10mi*/69min - Baker St track workout w/Andy, George, Boj, Thomas, and Nick
5 x 800 @ I pace w/400 rest + 5 x 200 @ R pace w/200 rest
Result:  (2:29, 2:29, 2:28, 2:26, 2:27) + (33, 31, 31, 31, 31)
Good workout.  I hit the paces and felt pretty relaxed doing so.  It was a bit cold and blustery at Baker Street today. 
Lifted weights in the morning.

Thursday:
7mi/48min.  I ran in Pisgah 5 miles with Griffin and then I dropped her off and hopped on the roads for 2 miles.  The trails are really icy in spots. Feeling good.

Friday:
0mi.  I wasn't feeling motivated to run on the icy trails that were hidden by the half inch of snow we got today.  Did 4 sets of pull-ups at school.

Saturday:
12mi/1:22 in Pisgah with Ferenc and Griffin.  It was warm today, 48 degrees.  The trails were slushy with only a few icy spots.  Feeling good.

Sunday:
Am:  3mi/22min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Griffin had a showdown with a very large male German Shepherd and a big hound mix.  They backed down.  No one messes with the queen of the dark forest!
Pm:  8mi*/52min.  Monadnock track workout solo.  I spent 20 minutes or so kicking ice off the track in a few spots.  I decided on a mix workout T pace and I paced stuff.
3miles @ T pace:  16:04
400rest
3 x 800m @ I pace:  2:28, 2:27, 2:24 with 400 rest.
Good workout.  It was a bit windy on the home stretch of the track.  I really good, nice and smooth.

Total for the week: 42miles.  This was a low mileage week thanks to the two days off.  I'm pleased that I lifted 3 times, did hill sprints, and two track workouts.  Next week, I want to get my mileage up and get a long run in.  I'm going to race at Smith College on Sunday night.  The plan is to do the 800m and the 3000m.  The 800m is first, which will make coming back to do the 3000m pretty tough.  It's not the world's fastest track from what I hear, but it will be fun to get out there and race.

No comments:

Post a Comment