Friday, January 31, 2014

Week of January 27th - February 2nd, 2014

Monday:
1mi + circuits at Fit Club.  I was not in the mood to run in the afternoon.  Instead, I wallowed in self pity and thought about how miserable my track meet was yesterday. 

Tuesday:
9mi/59min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Nice run in the 12 degree weather.  Body stiff and tight.

Wednesday:
Am: 4mi/27min + circuits. 
Pm:  9mi/59min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Good run.

Thursday:
4mi/26min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Feeling a little tired today.  Short run.

Friday:
0mi.

Saturday:
24mi*/2:45 on Grafton, VT roads with Ferenc.  Good long run.  My body started to get tired from the pounding on the roads around 2:15.  I hung on the last 30min willing myself not to walk.  I'm glad I toughed it out.  Saw a bald eagle flying down Main Street in Bellows Falls, VT.

Sunday:
7mi/51min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Nice and easy recovery run.  My legs are pretty tired and sore.  Beautiful warm weather.

Total for the week:
59mi.  I got a solid long run in but no speed workouts, lifting or hill sprints.  I wanted a down week where I just got out the door and put in easy runs.  I'll probably do a workout next week. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey man, sounds like you've had a rough week. Don't let it bug you, you're a super strong runner and competitor. But way more important than that, you're a great friend and you are passionate about your sport. A little down time might not be such a bad thing. Run with your head and your heart and your body will catch up. You've been a huge inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Greg, last week was a fluke. Gotta get right back to being the badass that you are. Don't regret anything you did last week. I mean chipping ice off the track and running intervals at seven degrees? Legendary. It's that sort of thing that inspires the rest of us, not just some race result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn guys, you're getting me all choked up. I guess I won't retire yet! Ha ha. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sub 3:40 for you at Pisgah this year...you are my dark horse to take that record apart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, that is a sick effort on Saturday. That is a 3:00 marathon. I don't know too many guys right now that can do that at the beginning of Feb. I'd say you got some fitness for sure. Don't feel bad about your numbers or the recent faster efforts...the speed will come. You are strong right now.

    ReplyDelete