Monday, July 20, 2015

Week of July 6th - 12th, 2015

Monday:
AM: 1mi + drills and lifted weights.
PM:  9mi/65min on the Athens, VT trails with Ferenc and Lena.  Hot weather.  We saw a dead short-tailed weasel in the trail.  Cute little bugger.  I wonder what got him?
3mi/24min with MC to Kilburn for a nice swim. 

Tuesday:
0mi.  Crappy weather today.  I took Griffin for a nice long walk.

Wednesday:
13mi*/1:23 in Gilsum Woods with Dawson Adams.  M.P. run.  Dawson was running fast right from the start.  He dropped me twice on two big climbs.  My legs were tired.  I lifted weights before the run and did a lot of front squats and cleans.  Humid weather.

Thursday:
0mi.  Hiked Mt. Wantastiquit with Jen and Griffin.  Lower back is stiff.  I should have run though. 

Friday:
8mi*/49:02 in Pisgah solo.  M.P. run.  Great run.  Nice weather.  Saw a deer and a garter snake.  Feeling great, really hammered the last mile.

Saturday:
8mi/54min in Pisgah with Ferenc, Lena and Ellie.  Nice weather again. 

Sunday:
1mi.  Lifted weights and played some 2 on 2 hoops at the Y.  Went fishing at night with MC.  We had a fantastic trip catching some nice largemouths.  A couple 3 pounders and a bunch of 2 pounders.  We heard skunk apes howling on the ridge at sunset and decided to run out of there.  It was pretty freaky.  Sasquatch lives!!

Total for the week:
43miles.  This was essentially 3 days off.  I guess that's fine but I shouldn't expect to win any races on this kind of mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment