Thursday, April 3, 2014

First Quarter Totals

499mi = 38.4mpw

The first quarter of 2014 is over.  I've always enjoyed keeping track of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly mileage totals.  This ranks as one of my worst quarters ever as far as total miles.  I had a knee injury which I'm recovered from but I also just really suffered from a lack of running motivation for the first time in 20 years of running and racing.  The winter was  cold and snowy, but normally that would get me excited to do lot's of snowshoe races and wouldn't discourage me from getting the training in.  This year I did zero snowshoe races and missed out on great racing conditions and skipped Nationals which were only an hour+ drive away.  Damn, missed opportunities!   Spring is here, I hope with it comes renewed health and motivation.

2 comments:

  1. the body needs some rest sometimes ace! big summer and fall for you this year...im thinking some big PR's

    ReplyDelete