Saturday, April 26, 2014

Week of April 21st - 27th, 2014

Monday:
10mi/71min in Pisgah with George.  Great run.  First run with my shirt off of the year, 71 degrees F.  Feeling good.

Tuesday:
10mi/67min with George on the Keene Tracks.  Good run.  My legs were a bit sluggish. 

Wednesday:
Am: 4mi/28min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Nice easy run.  Windy and damp weather.
Pm:  10mi*/68min - track workout at Monadnock with George and Pacman.
200-200-200-200-400 x 2 @ R Pace with full rest
(32, 32, 32, 32, 66, 31, 31, 31, 31, 66)
Good workout.  This was my first speed workout since January 22nd.  I wanted to do something low volume and R paced 200's seemed the way to go with the strong head wind on the back stretch.  I felt smooth and relaxed and the wind was definitely tough while finishing up the 400's.  I need to get back into the routine of Wednesday workouts.  I'll do something longer next week, perhaps a mix T and I workout.

Thursday:
5mi/34min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Nice easy run.  My legs were pretty tired from yesterday's workout.  It was super windy today and I was a bit worried that a tree would come crashing down on my head.  I saw a hawk carrying a snake.  I didn't get a great look at it, but it was either a broad-winged hawk or a red shouldered hawk.  There were at least 100 tree swallows darting back and forth over my beaver pond.  I guess the wind didn't bother them too much. 

Friday:
10mi/67min on trails in Grafton, VT with Ferenc, Lena and Ellie.  Good run.  We visited Creature Rock which is a really cool, huge boulder in the middle of the woods.  Legs feel good.  Nice weather today, 64 degrees and sunny.

Saturday:
12mi/1:22 on Pinnacle Mtn trails with Ferenc, Lena and Ellie.  Good run.  My legs were pretty tired on the climbs but I felt fine going downhill. 

Sunday:
14mi*/1:34 in Pisgah with Ferenc, Lena and Ellie.  My legs are pretty freakin' fatigued.  Stopped to walk a few times and just took our time.  I was too tired to do a proper long run of 2hrs or more.  Chilly, grey day.

Total for the week:
75miles.  I'm pleased with my total mileage and happy that I got back to the track for a speed workout.  I need to stretch more and lift weights next week and keep the miles up. 

3 comments:

  1. Great week ace! Fitness is coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back on the track and racking up miles! Nice! Good to see you back in action.

    ReplyDelete