Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thursday, November 22

9mi*/57min. Pie and Glove 5K Corning, NY. 15:13(4:55) 2nd place. This is my third year doing this race. They changed the course because it keeps getting more and more runners. The old course was flat but had 2 momentum killing 180 degree turns that slowed you down. The new course was fast flat and beautiful. The weather was perfect, sunny 34° with not a breath of wind. This is what I've been waiting for. A perfect chance to pr. I was tapered and ready. I had fast competition to push and pull me. Time for a break through. I got it. James Osborne (last year's champion) ran side by Side with me through the first 1.5miles. Then he slowly pulled away. I knew I was running a pr and just tried to hang on to second place. I kicked hard across the line in a huge Pr of 15:13.4. My first time cracking 5 minute pace for 5K. I was pumped! Later people with GPS watches had it at 3.09 miles but they said the miles were right on. That would explain my 25 second last .1. It was probably more like a 28. I'll take it either way, wish it was certified though! Splits: 5:01,4:47,5:00,25 Bring on indoors! I'm on a roll!

7 comments: