Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Saturday, January 19 Hoot, Toot and Whistle

10miS.S.*/70min. Jen, Ferenc and I drove to Readsboro for the Hoot, Toot & Whistle snowshoe race. Ferenc and I joined Tim Mahoney for a warm up on the roads. We took a bus ride to the start and warmed up a little more with the snowshoes on. At the start, Ferenc took it out hard and the two of us separated from the field. He lead most of the way setting a fast pace. The snow conditions were good, but a little soft on the single track. I took the lead after about 13 or 14 minutes, thinking it was half way. I was able to open a small gap on Josh. I maintained that to the finish to get the win in 20:17. Ferenc was only 13 seconds back. Tim finished 3rd about a minute back. Ferenc ran a really gutsy race and seems to be getting fit quickly. Lyme picked the wrong dude to mess with! Jen finished in 34 minutes and had a big smile on her face. She loved her first snowshoe race. You never know because this sport is pretty brutal. I was psyched to hear she wants to do more. Good cool down with Tim and Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment