Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday, January 6

17mi/2:00 - Did The Clearing in Keene/Roxbury with Thomas and MacKnight. Najem and Boj joined us for the first few miles up Beech Hill. We passed about 18 runners doing their Sunday long run going up the hill. That was cool to see. Nice to know we weren't the only souls at Sunday morning service. I love this run. It's the Keene Staters go to long run and I can see why they have such a good program. This run is legit! It's got some serious climbing in the first half. We had to run gingerly on the downhills because the dusting of snow was hiding dangerous ice. Eric and I went down on an ice patch on Otterbrook Dam. We were fine so it was funny. We saw Naj's tracks and could see where he slid on the ice too. We joked that based on his footprints we could tell that he was wearing Asics Ds Trainers ...the green ones. And he had on a red Nike top. Damn we're good. I was hungry by the end. Paquette whipped up a batch of flapjacks that hit the spot and started the recovery process. Awesome run! Total miles for the week: 52. I need to get my mileage up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment