Friday, August 13, 2010

Week of August 9th-15th

Monday: 8 mi / 53 min. in Pisgah w/the Girls

Tuesday: 12 mi* / 1:20 ran 4 in Pisgah w/Pard, Jen, and Girls, then immediately ran w/George and did a track workout: 8 x 200m @ 32-30 seconds w/200 rest - easy, just wanted to shake the rust out.

Wednesday: 12mi / 1:27 in Keene w/ KHS XC Camp - right knee inflamed, bug bite?? back of leg swollen, limited mobility-can't bring heel to butt, iced

Thursday: 9 mi* / 59 min. - Cigna 5K-15:55 (5:08), 18th place - I just didn't feel good out there. Pretty disappointed. I knew it was gonna be bad during the warm-up. The only good news is that if I had a bad race last year it would have been 16:25. I am fit this year. Oh well. I'm happy for everyone that had good races. Jim Johnson ran awesome. On a good day, maybe I could have latched on to him and run 15:20 or so. That's what I was thinking going into this race. Time to lick my wounds and run well at Bridge of Flowers. My knee has more mobility today and some of the swelling is down, still have some strange bump/ bug bite thing on the back of it.

Friday:am 8 mi / 65 min in Pisgah w/Jen and the Girls.
pm 6 mi / 40 min in Pisgah w/the Girls

Saturday: 11 mi* / 70 min. - Bridge of Flowers 10k-34:25 (5:33) 27th. Tough day! I ran o.k. My legs just don't have much zip. I know when I'm slow on downhills that I'm not myself. I probably shouldn't have done 14 yesterday, but I'm trying to get ready for a tough 50k. I need some mileage! Upon finishing the race, I was ready to give up doubles and higher mileage. Screw that! I'm gonna stick with it for a few more weeks, it will pay off. I'm glad Ben passed me, we got 2nd because of him. If we used my time, Whirlaway would have beaten us by 5 seconds. That's why we're a great team, good depth! It was great seeing Fyffe and KG out there cheering. True teammates and good people. It will be awesome when they're out there racing hard again. Easy run tomorrow, but I'll still get the miles in.

Sunday: 0 mi - knee is swollen, this is not a running injury but it's affecting my stride. I'll try tomorrow.

Total: 66 mi - O.K. week, got to get my knee healthy and get my mileage back up. Need to lift a couple times next week, too. Want to do an ultra long run next week of 3+ hours.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish I could have a bad day and run a 15:55. You have been putting in some great training lately. Hope to see you at Bridge of Flowers.

    ReplyDelete