Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bumpin it Up

I've had 3 weeks in a row now in the 80's. I'm bumpin it up to get ready for the Pisgah 50k and beyond. I've committed to running the Baystate Marathon on October 17th which will be my first road marathon. I have 7 weeks until Pisgah and 11 weeks until Baystate. I want to keep cranking out 80's and 90's. My legs felt a little fried today during the 20 miler, but I suspect that was more from 3 races last week, rather than due to the mileage this week. I realized I need to keep doing what I'm doing but make sure I get in some "real" long runs. I'm talking 3+ hour runs to get ready for Pisgah. I'd like to make sure I get some long runs on the roads so my body is ready for the pounding during Baystate. My goal for Pisgah is to win. Time is not important. For Baystate, I have an A goal and a B goal. A goal is 2:30 or faster, B goal is sub 2:37. I've got some work to do. Time to get after it!!

5 comments:

  1. Love It! Absolutely Love It! OOHRAAAAAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I've always said..you can't impress the ladies until you're mileage is in the 80's! Keep it rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the honeys in the 20's? Yeah, I don't think it works either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasty freaks are dirty when you're struggling in the 30s?
    Awesome job, Greg!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greg is carrying the flag for the Keene training group right now! Way to go buddy. I still think back to a certain late night conversation between you, Fyffe, and myself. I think it had something to do with dunking basketballs?

    ReplyDelete