Monday, August 16, 2010

Week of August 16th-22nd

Monday: am 5mi / 32min on Ashuelot Rail Trail w/Griffin - Griffin chased a coyote. Knee feels o.k.
pm 10mi / 63 min. in Swanzey w/XC Camp - Great run

Tuesday: am 6mi / 45 min. in Pisgah w/Griffin - quads and calves sore, knee much better
pm 7mi*/ 44 min. - 4-3-2-1 fartlek run w/XC Camp - felt controlled and smooth, easy workout

Wednesday: 10mi / 72 min. in Pisgah w/Ferenc and the Girls - swim after

Thursday: 9mi* / 60 min. - 10 x golf course hills @ 74 sec avg w/XC Camp - good workout, it was hot out and I felt worked from the heat. Some of the HS kids have wheels!

Friday: 0 mi - Needed a rest day. Lifted weights - upper body

Saturday: 13mi / 1:25 in Pisgah w/Boj and Griffin - worked the climb up the ridge, felt great.

Sunday: 24mi* / 2:51 in Burlingame - 3 x Lil Rhody course (57 per lap) in the pouring rain. Great run happy, to run even splits, felt good the whole way. Saw 3 deer.

Total: 84 miles - Great week. I really enjoyed running with the HS kids at the camp. I'm glad I got two speed workouts and a nice long run in on Sunday. The best part of the week was hanging out w/ Dion and Coach Haberek. I'm sure my nephew and niece's bday party will be fun too.

5 comments:

  1. Hope your knee heals up...if not, I know a good dog surgeon that does a sweet job for only a couple of grand...Angus can attest to that!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a good dog surgeon up here too. How's the ol boy feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's fine...sore but back to being annoying and crazy old Angus...the pain and swelling appear to be as small as my checking account!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a hell of a week man. Are you racing this weekend anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No races this weekend. I'm down in Rhody for my niece and nephew's bday party.

    ReplyDelete