Sunday, August 22, 2010

Let the Good Times Roll

I'm sipping a chromium replacement beverage, recovering from today's long run in Burlingame State Park in Charlestown, RI. It was a great run. I had the song "Let the Good Times Roll" stuck in my head for 2 hrs. I think it's by the Cars. It poured the whole time I was out there, which meant I had the trails completely to my self. I did see a lot of people when I ran through the campground. I got a few cheers on my 3rd lap through passing the same campsite. The run went flawlessly and I was able to run even splits clicking off 57 minutes per lap. There were only two negatives things about the whole run. First, when I came to my truck after the first lap, I unwrapped my Milkyway Bar to find that the chocolate was streaked with white, which meant it was probably 5 years old. I decided not to eat it and threw it in the bushes. I kept my fingers crossed the last lap, fearing that I might bonk, but I was o.k. Second, because of the relentless rain, my groin is chafed beyond oblivion. I even put on lube before my run, but it didn't help. Oh well.
I'm conflicted with the Pisgah race. Part of me wants to run the 50k because it's awesome and epic. The other part of me wants to go after Ferenc's record on the short course because I think I can do it. I'm gonna keep doing long runs to get ready for the 50k, but I might do the 23k. I'm heading to a birthday party today for my nephew and niece. Let the Good Times Roll...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome. I'm insanely jealous of your run. They better watch out at Pisgah. Instead of "Let the Good Times Roll" you'll be singing "Heads Will Roll" by the YeahYeahYeahs b/c you're going to "scalp" the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice run, dude!! Surprised I didn't see you ripping through the place while I was cleaning up after the dirtbags that camp there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- Nice job on the chromium replacement beverage! I'm doing the same right now. Since it was a pretty GD long run, make sure you replace A LOT of chromium!
    Also, leave the "bonking" to the lowly runners like me.
    --Bonk

    ReplyDelete