Monday, March 25, 2013

Sunday, March 24

10mi/71min in Pisgah with Griffin. I took it nice and easy. There is still a lot of snow in the woods. One snowmobile went by while I was out there. I found a frozen spotted salamander in the middle of the trail in the snow. It looked dead but I'm wasn't 100% sure. I placed it under a log off the trail in case they can unfreeze. I went with Glenn to Elijah's hall of fame induction ceremony for Monadnock High School in the afternoon. It was nice spending time with the Barretts and hearing some of stories about him in high school. He won over 80 races in high school (many of those were relays but wow!). What wasn't said but I think is impressive is that when he was 16-18 he used to do long runs on weekends with Ernie Kennison. How many teenagers bang out 20 milers on the weekends while playing soccer and running xc? I remember him telling me he'd bonk all the time because he didn't know enough to bring fuel. It was a great afternoon and it was fun sharing Elijah's tales. This week was kind of a recovery week. Time to get after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment