Sunday, January 4, 2015

Week of December 15th to 21st, 2014

Monday:
3mi/24min in Friedsam with the Running Club.  Fun run in the snowy trails.

Tuesday:
0mi.  Lazy day.  I didn't get much sleep last night and took a nap instead of running.

Wednesday:
0mi.  Lifted weights.

Thursday:
0mi.  Had a Christmas party after school.  Lazy.

Friday:
Am:  2mi/14min in Pisgah with Griffin. 
Pm:  3mi/23min in Friedsam with Running Club.  Jen and Griffin came and ran with us.  Fun day!

Saturday:
4mi/29min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Beautiful cold day, 19 degrees.  I drove to Rhode Island and saw a snowy owl at Charlestown Breachway.

Sunday:
10mi*/68min - Old Mountain Field 5K - 18:46 (6:03) 2nd.
This was a fun race.  I didn't get out super fast and entered the woods in 4th place.  I moved into 3rd behind Bronson V. as soon as we hit the little bridges.  Garvin was already creating a small gap.  After about a mile of following Bronson V., I decided I better move by him and see if I could catch Chris.  I was having a lot of fun on the twisty course but I could see I wasn't really making any ground up on him.  Chris took a wrong turn late in the race.  I shouted to him but it was too late.  He lost a good chunk of time.  I was now in the lead and I really didn't feel like stealing a win from the guy who was clearly the strongest runner so I pulled over at the finish and let him cross first.  I know he didn't want to win that way, but I would have felt much worse crossing ahead of him.  We both snuck under the old course record.  Fun day on the trails!  Thanks to Mike Galoob for directing an awesome event!  I grabbed some food and a drink with my former student teacher, Preston.  It was good to catch up with him and I'm psyched that he enjoyed the trail race and it sounds like he wants to do more in the series. 

Total for the week:
22mi.  Not very impressive mileage, but this is kind of the norm for me in December.  I'll start to crank it up in January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment