Friday, January 16, 2015

Week of January 12th to 18th, 2015

Monday:
3mi/24min in Friedsam with Running Club.  Fun running in the snow with the kids.  We enjoyed pulling down on hemlock branches to cover the person behind in powdery snow.  Also hiding behind trees and ambushing each other with snow balls was a popular thing to do on this run.  Serious fun.
PM:8mi/55min in Pisgah with Brett and Griffin.  Good run, headlamp last 4mi. 
I played some hard core Ballistic Box Ball at school today.

Tuesday:
0mi.  I was pretty exhausted from another day of all out Ballistic Box Ball with the kids and my student teacher.  I went home and took a nap.

Wednesday:
10mi/73min on the Athen's trails with Ferenc, Lena, Ellie and Griffin at night.  Threw on the headlamps and micro-spikes and had an awesome run.  We came across some sort of unidentifiable coyote kill.  Cold 8 degrees, but I'm getting used to the temps so it felt warm. (It was -11 this morning).

Thursday:
8mi/57min in Pisgah with Brett and Summit.  Wore the head lamps again for the last 3miles.  We ran across Fullam Pond which was the first time I've done that.  The snowmobiles have finally, been out in the park.  I'm not sure what took them so long, but it is nice running on their tracks.  Lifted weights.

Friday:
0mi.  Lifted weights in the morning and then was too tired and lazy to run in the afternoon.

Saturday:
18mi*/2:01 on the Athens, VT trails with Ferenc, Brett, Summit, Lena and Ellie.  Brrr! -6 degrees to start but it warmed up to a toasty +6F by the end of the run.  Beautiful day and a fun time out on the trails.  I wore my micro-spikes and had good traction.  Feeling decent.

Sunday:
10mi/1:37 in Pisgah with Jen and Griffin.  Warm 28 degrees.  It started to drizzle at the end of the run.  I can't believe we're getting rain instead of snow with the cold temps we've had..  This sucks!  I want a good fresh foot of powder!

Total for the week:
57mi.  This was a pretty solid week.  I'm happy I lifted twice and got a fun long run in.

No comments:

Post a Comment