Friday, January 16, 2015

Week of January 5th to 11th, 2015

Monday:
3mi/21min on the roads solo at night.  It was cold 10 degrees and windy.  Lifted weights.

Tuesday:
3mi/21min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Cold 9 degrees and windy.  Brrr!  I wore micro-spikes and was going to go further but Griffin was slipping and sliding all over the trail.  It's 2" of hard packed frozen icy snow.

Wednesday:
4mi/27min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Cold again, 7 degrees.  Wore my micro-spikes.  My back was pretty miserably stiff.

Thursday:
1mi with drills and sprints + lifted weights at the YMCA.  It was -14 degrees this morning.  Yikes, that's chilly!  I had meetings at night.

Friday:
8mi/57min in Pisgah with Brett, Summit and Griffin.  Slow going in the 3" of new powder we got today.  Wore head lamps for the last half an hour.  Wore my micro-spikes too.

Saturday:
6mi/52min in Pisgah with Jen and Griffin.  Nice and easy run.  Beautiful sunny day, 11 degrees.  Went out on Lily Pond.

Sunday:
4mi/27min on my beaver pond.  I ran 6 loops around my frozen beaver pond while Jen and Griffin walked around at night.  Super fun!  I don't know why I never did this before, it's a good way to get some miles. 

Total for the week:
29mi.  My back has been pretty stiff.  It was really cold this week.  I wish we had more snow, with a few more inches it'd be perfect for snowshoeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment