Thursday, January 22, 2015

Week of January 19th to 25th, 2015

Monday:
20mi*/2:26 in Pisgah with Ferenc, Brett, Summit, Lena and Ellie.  Good run.  The snow was slushy and provided decent traction.  I felt a little tired out there but it was a fun day in the woods.  Warm 35 degrees.

Tuesday:
0mi.  My body was tired today.  Needed a rest.

Wednesday:
0mi.  Lifted weights.  I elected to skip the run and watch the basketball game at school.

Thursday:
AM:  3mi/21min on the roads solo.  I wore my new Hoka Rapa Nui2 Tarmacs.  They are strange.  They dig into my ankles on the lateral side pretty annoyingly but the cushioning is bomb and they're fairly light at 10 ounces.  I don't love them but I'll keep them in the rotation.
PM:  8mi/55min in Pisgah with Brett, Summit and Griffin.  Great run. 30 degrees F.  My body feels good.  I was able to grab rim (ok barely touch the rim) today at school after playing some two-on-two hoops.  It's my goal to touch rim until I'm at least 40, so 2015 is checked off my list.  The lifting helps!  Had 2 redpolls at the feeder this morning.  The first redpolls of the year, hopefully we'll get a big flock of them like the pine siskins which number up to 50.  We're burning through a lot of bird seed this winter!

Friday:
1mi with drills and sprints + lifting weights at the YMCA. 

Saturday:
4mi/36min in Pisgah with Jen and Griffin.  Nice and easy run on 3" of new powder.

Sunday:
13mi/1:30 on the Putney Mtn trails with Ferenc, Lena and Ellie.  We ran for 16min then sat in my truck to warm up.  My toes were freezing and the wind was crazy.  After warming up we headed south on new trails and were out of the wind and in the sunshine.  Driving home I had the chills and was aching all over.  Turned out I had a fever.  Ughhh.

Total for the week:
49mi.  I was sick as a dog Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment