Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week of January 18th to 24th, 2016

Monday:
0mi.  I put on the xc skis and went in Pisgah for an hour.  We had just enough new snow out there to make the conditions pretty good. 
I went to Central Rock Gym in Hadley, MA with Brett and his co-worker Alan.  We climbed for 5+hrs.  It was exhausting but fun.  I climbed well in the beginning doing one 5.10 and mostly 5.9's.  After an hour I was toast and couldn't hold onto much but kept on plugging away.  Nice way to spend a day off from work.

Tuesday:
0mi.  I skied in the morning 20min and again in the afternoon for 30min.  My body is sore and stiff.

Wednesday:
I skied 30min in the morning before school on my beaver pond.
PM:  10mi*/72min - Baker St track workout with Thomas and Andy.
1mi + 2 x 800m + 4 x 400m with 400rest after the mile and 800s, 200rest after the 400s.
(5:23, 2:40, 2:43, 78, 77, 75, 73)

Thursday:
0mi.  xc skied 30min in Pisgah with Griffin.  The snow is thin in spots.
Rock climbed at night in George's barn with George and Andy.

Friday:
0mi.  xc skied 15min before school on my beaver pond.
I tried some skate skiing in the afternoon at Chesterfield School fields with my co-workers for 30min.  Skate skiing is a lot of fun but I tweaked my left shoulder.  It hurt when I poled hard while skiing.  I probably just over did it with the climbing and skiing this week.

Saturday:
0mi.  Went for a good hike in Pisgah with Jen and Griffin.  My shoulder was sore when I tried to run so I just decided to rest it and hike.

Sunday:
AM:  lifted weights at the Y and did 1mi + drills after.  Shoulder felt ok.
PM:  7mi*/43:37 progression run in Pisgah solo with the micro-spikes on.  Felt great!  Beautiful sunny day, 27 degrees.

Total for the week:
18mi.  I got two days of fast running and a lot of skiing and rock climbing.  Shoulder is feeling better, I just overworked it.  I'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment