Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday, September 8th

14mi/1:29 in Pisgah with Ferenc and the girls. Another great run, just rolling along, feeling good. We saw a group of 4 runners on the ridge trail. I got a high 5 from Steve Perrin. They're all getting ready for the 23K next Sunday. Total for the week: 81 miles. I had a decent long run on the roads which will hopefully help for DeMar at the end of the month. I didn't do any speed at all this week but it's ok. I'm pleased with the mileage considering school and xc are in full swing. I have Pisgah 50K next Sunday. I'll do a mini-taper the few days before the race. I feel pretty ready. I did some good work this summer, it's too late to change anything now. I'm going to really be smart about my fueling and take at least 6 gels during the race. I think I've been under fueled in the past at this race. Hopefully, I can run a p.r. We'll see on Sunday!

1 comment: