Monday, November 24, 2014

Week of November 17th to 23rd, 2014

Monday:
0mi.  Rest day.  My body is sore today from Lil Rhody.  It was also nasty weather with freezing rain and rain all day.  A perfect day to rest up.

Tuesday:
AM:  3mi/21min on the roads solo.  Feel good.
PM:  7mi/47min in Pisgah with Griffin.  Good run.  Saw a tiny porcupine walking around.  Cute little guy!

Wednesday:
0mi.  Lazy day.

Thursday:
9mi/65min in Waterville Valley up Snow's Mtn with Pat Ard.  Good run.  I got dropped hard going up Snow's.  Legs heavy and sluggish.  Good run though with cold temps and snow flurries. 1/2" of snow on the trails.

Friday:
5mi/36min on the Waterville Valley roads with Pat Ard.  Feeling tired but it's always nice running with Pat.  He's a cool dude and it's fun talking PE, running and life with him. 

Saturday:
11mi/77min on the Athens, VT trails with Ferenc, Lena and Ellie.  Good run.  Chilly weather.  We saw a deer.  It ran right by us.  It was a little spike-horn buck.  He was bedded down and we flushed him out.  Hopefully, no hunters got him.  Finishing the run, we saw a dead 3-ptr in the back of some hunters truck.  Not the same deer.  I'm not against hunting, it's good organic meat, but I do feel a little bit sorry for the suckers.  I've watched Bambi too many times I guess.  I still love venison if anyone wants to give me some!

Sunday:
19mi*/2:10 in Pisgah with George, Ferenc, Lena and Ellie.  Nice easy run.  It started out chilly but got warm by the end of the run.  Beautiful day! 

Total for the week:
54miles.  OK week.  I have two races next week (Pie and Glove 5K in Corning, NY on Thanksgiving and the Jingle Bell 5K in Concord on Sunday).  After that, I'm going to reset and rebuild my aerobic base.

No comments:

Post a Comment