Friday, December 7, 2012

Saturday, December 1

Am:3mi/20min in the snow before driving to Rhode Island. pm:14mi*/1:32 with Blue vs White Alumni Meet at URI. Did a 5mile warmup with Eric and Wayne who ran at URI in the late 80's. They were both sprinters and hurdlers that now do tri's. Then I raced the 3000 in 8:51. I got beat by a college kid by 3 sec but was able to put 3 sec on Matty P in the final 200m. Next some light jogging then on the line to race the 1500. My calves were screaming from the 3000 so I wore flats. I felt dead in the 1500 and just wanted to get a good workout in and hopefully beat Matty! I started in the back and slowly moved up in place as Others slowed down. Matty had a 3 second gap on me hitting the bell lap. I dug down and caught him before the finish line for a photo finish. It was close! The final results had me in 3rd in 4:14.8 to Matty's 4:14.9 He joked about making an appeal, it was funny. We cooled down with 5 more miles and I ended with a Bruce Denton-like 17 miles for the day. Jen,Jill, Matty and I went to the Mew's after and the rest of the alumni were there. Awesome day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment