Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday, December 23 - White Ghost

12mi/1:24 in Pisgah with Griffin. We had a great run out in the woods today. It was cold, clear and sunny. My favorite running weather, Griffin's too. Heading down from the vista on Hubbard Hill we saw an albino coyote. It saw us and took off into the forest running at top speed. It was gorgeous with thick white fur. It's definitely the coolest animal I've ever seen in the wild. I took it as a good omen. Getting back to the house there were a dozen common red polls at my bird feeder. I got 50 miles for the week. Next week I want to get my mileage up to 65+. I need to keep lifting and doing hill sprints.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool sighting, never seen an albino coyote before!!! Good mileage as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes the barred owl in my yard seem like a lackluster sighting. That is awesome. Have fun in NY! Merry Christmas to Jen's family.

    ReplyDelete