Monday, December 17, 2012

Saturday, December 15 - BU Mini Meet

9mi*/60min. Drove down with Boj and Glenn. Watched all the CMS guys run the 3000. They ran great. It's great seeing so many running track. I got ready for the mile. I felt very anxious on the line. Got bumped and jostled for the first 600m then worked my way up to 2nd place. I think I went through the 800m in 2:13 or so. After the 1000m a guy went flying into the lead. I couldn't match it and hung onto 2nd losing ground in the next 3 laps. I hit the line in 4:24. It was a pretty disappointing race. I never felt comfortable out there. I cooled down and watched every one run their mile races. I couldn't wrap my head around racing the 800. This was gonna suck! The 800 went off and I sat near the back through 200m and 400m. After 400 I couldn't believe how good I was feeling. I started to move up but got boxed in after the first turn. I waited until the homestretch and then I went in lane 2 and started cranking. I hit the bell and was flying by people. I caught the leader right before the final turn and blew by him. I hit the line in first in 2:00.29. Almost snuck under 2 min. I was pumped and surprised that I was able to run that time in my first 800 of the season. I'm excited to run a few more and crack 2min and maybe go after my pr of 1:58.0 set in 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment