Friday, December 13, 2013

Thursday, December 12th

Am: 2mi/14min with J.B. before school. It was 12 degrees out. Frosty! Pm: 7mi/55min up Mt. Wantastiquit with Ferenc and the girls. We left a little after 9pm with headlamps on. The moon was bright and the snow made for a beautiful night for a run. The trail had some icy spots and wet spots that we had to walk and tip toe around, but it was mostly nice hard packed snow. The view at the top was amazing with Brattleboro, VT lit up below us. The night was cold and we didn't linger long. The high altitude (1,400 ft) was making me feel a little foggy. I knew I was starting to feel the effects of HACE, so we quickly descended back to lower elevations. This night run was a great idea, I would have not done it by myself on that night. Glad to have Ferenc get me off the couch for this one. I think the Bossman would have loved this. The dogs seemed to have a good time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment