Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thursday, December 19th

Am: 2mi/14min on the roads with J.B. Pm: 5miSS/35min in Pisgah with Griffin. I threw on the snowshoes for another run. I was hoping the snowmobiles had been out. I started out on virgin snow and was working hard but was happy to see that the main trail had just been groomed for the snowmobiles. I always feel a twinge of guilt running on the freshly groomed trail. It's like running on glass. Good run. Ended with the headlamp on. Went out to dinner after with Jen and got an awesome ribeye steak. If I was MacKnight, I'd post a photo of the plate. No photo, but trust me it was bomb. Tomorrow lift and run easy. This is shaping up to a low mileage week. Good thing I'm focusing on the 800 this indoor season. My aerobic base is junk. I'm starting to feel more athletic with this lack of miles, that's a good feeling.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to indoor meets, hopefully some of ours will line up soon. I can't make the first BU meet since I'm putting on my first race that morning, but I'm going to try to come up and do the RCC All Comers meet later in the day. What meets are you planning on doing this season? Seems like there are a few with 4x800's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, I'm planning on doing the next two mini meets, the N.E. Master's, The BU Last Chance, and master's nationals. I might throw in a few more in the mix depending on the amount of snow we have. If we have a lot of snow, I want to do some snowshoe races. See you at the track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are so key. My food is gone so quick because I don't know how to eat slow. Ha!

    ReplyDelete